Thursday, April 4, 2013

New relationships

This past week has been hectic for me! I just finished another class and have been frantically trying to finish the last of my assignments, I am still not done, but I have a couple more days! Every month I say that I will not procrastinate, but, by the time I think I understand the assignment enough to do it the class is almost over. I would not go back to regular semester courses though. A new class every month is great for me, it is fast paced and I feel like I am accomplishing something. Ok, enough about school, I know that is not why anyone follows my updates!
   This weeks surro update: Over the past week I have had the opportunity to get to know my IPs a little better by email, which has been great! I just love them! When I thought of what I would have to go through to have a baby for someone else (restrictions, shots ect.) I was willing to do it. BUT, when I think about it now it feels different, there is nothing I wouldn't do to give these parents their baby. I may feel a little different when the needles come out though :) My girls have had tons of questions about where my IPs are from, so they have been checking things out and learning about a new country, which has been fun for them. We had a video call earlier this week and it looks like if all goes well we should be starting meds mid May and transferring in June. That gives me 2 months to get into the shape that I want to be in when the pregnancy begins! I will have to work hard and push myself for sure but I am confident I can do it! Hopefully we will be able to skype soon, without the agency, so the girls can talk to out IPs as well. They drive me nuts asking 101 questions so I told them to write all of their questions down and they can ask our IPs when we chat! I have a feeling though that Kimberly will say hi and be done and Kaylee will be a little shy and not ask nearly as many questions as she has thought of! I am very appreciative that our IPs are willing to let my kids be involved. I think that is so important for them. I believe that building a relationship with our IPs will help them fully understand and process that the baby will not be ours and that it will go home with our IPs NOT us!! For sure not us! Over the last week all 3 of the kids have had the flu, it was a big reminder of why our family is complete. There is only so much puke and poop you can handle while trying to get stuff done and I reached my max!

No comments:

Post a Comment